David J. Becht, with over 30 years of experience as a trial lawyer, is a partner with Adams Nye. He focuses on representing employees in employment law related cases. He has worked with clients on lawsuits from to sexual harassment and wrongful termination, to numerous types of employment discrimination,
David has successfully represented clients involving:
- Discrimination based on race, disability, national origin, age and sex.
- Sexual harassment of both male and female victims
- Employees who were terminated to avoid paying compensation that was owed
- “Whistleblowers” who were fired for revealing fraud and/or law violations whether to management or the law authorities
- Employees who accepted a job based on promised salaries, benefits or other conditions that turned out not to materialize
While most of David’s clients are in California, he has represented employees from several other states as well. One of his largest verdicts involved a racial discrimination lawsuit that resulted in a win for his client of $1.8 million.
A graduate of Hastings College of the Law (magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, The Thurston Society), David received his B.A in Political Science from the University of California, Davis.
He is admitted to practice in all California state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Joined Firm 1993
California Bar Admission 1982
University of California, Hastings College of the Law (San Francisco, California)
University of California, Davis, (Davis, California)